Simple Exercises to Slim Down Your Legs
Cellulite: those dips and bumps under the skin that can show up on anyone no matter what their weight.
Well, if yours is really ruining your confidence, then here are some exercises you can do to fade the look of cellulite in no time!
So grab your yoga pants, and let’s get started!
Butterfly Leg Raises
- Lie on your back with your arms by your sides.
- Bend your knees out to the sides, and put the soles of your feet together.
- Don’t forget to engage your abs and leg muscles.
- Now raise your legs toward the ceiling, keeping your arms on the ground.
- Hold this position for a couple of seconds, relax your muscles, and lower back down.
- Keep your eyes on the timer, and let’s do 10 reps.
This exercise gives a nice workout to your abs as well as your inner thighs, hips, and butt – some favorite places cellulite likes to show up!
- Lie on your back with your legs straight and your arms by your sides.
- From this position, raise both legs and bend your knees toward your chest.
- Hug your legs by wrapping your arms around your knees and gently pulling them toward your chest.
- Hold it for a couple of seconds and go back to the starting position.
Then let’s do 10 of these as well.
This exercise stretches the muscles in your butt, stabilizes your pelvis, and blasts cellulite away.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and hip-width apart.
- Your feet should be flat on the floor and your arms down by your sides.
- Now raise your right leg and extend it in front of you.
- Keeping your leg straight, raise your hips and buttocks up off the ground.
- Hold this bridge for a couple of seconds, and slowly lower yourself back down.
- 8 lifts on each leg will be enough, starting now!
Really push those hips toward the ceiling!
Good, now your left leg:
- Strengthening the muscles of your glutes and thighs like this will tone up your body and sculpt your buttocks.
- Wall Sits Stand with your back against a wall and your feet shoulder-width apart about a foot away from the wall.
- While keeping your back against the wall, slowly lower yourself by bending your knees at a 90-degree angle.
- In the end, it should look like you’re sitting in an invisible chair pushed up against the wall.
Think you can “sit” for the next 30 seconds?
It might not feel like this exercise works any muscles in your body, but give it some time, and you’ll quickly start feeling the burn, particularly in your thighs!
Wall sitting also helps sculpt the butt and, of course, reduce the appearance of cellulite in these areas.
When you’re doing this exercise in the future, try to do 10 sets of 30 seconds for the best results!
- Stand with your legs slightly wider than your shoulders and your toes pointed forward.
- Now take a large step to the right, slowly shift your body weight to your right leg by bending your right knee at a 90-degree angle.
- Stand back up into the initial position.
- Let’s start with 8 reps on your right leg.
- And now the left leg, side lunges target your quads, glutes, and inner and outer thighs.
Doing them regularly improves the blood circulation there and thus fades cellulite.
Downward Dog Split
- Get on all fours so that your wrists are under your shoulders and your knees are under your hips.
- Then, tuck your toes under, press your hands into the floor, and straighten your legs to come up into the downward dog yoga pose.
- Now inhale and extend your right leg.
- It should be in line with your upper body.
- Exhale and go back to downward dog.
This is gonna be a challenge, so let’s do 5 on each leg for now, starting with the right.
Now the left leg, downward dog split is perfect for opening your hips and stretching the muscles of your thighs, legs, and abs.
How you feeling, by the way?
Don’t give up on me now, you’re doing great!
- Lie flat on the ground with your legs straight and your arms at your sides.
- From this position, raise your right leg to the ceiling and slowly start to make circles with it.
- Your leg should be completely straight.
- When you’re done, lower your leg back down.
Let’s do 8 circles for each leg, starting with the right one, keep that left leg straight down on the floor!
And now let’s get that left leg up, single-leg circles make your quads and hamstrings stronger and help reduce any signs of cellulite on your buttocks in no time at all!
- Lie on your left side with your knees bent at a 45-degree angle.
- Your legs should be stacked, and your head should be resting in your left hand.
- From there, raise your right knee as high as you can while keeping your feet together.
- Use your right arm to stabilize your body.
- Hold this pose for a couple of seconds and go back to the initial position.
So, starting on the left side, let’s do 8 reps.
Don’t shift those hips!
Now the right side, lift that left knee 8 times.
You feeling the burn in those glutes and outer thighs?
That’s what we’re going for here!
- For this exercise, you’ll start on all fours.
- Your knees should be in line with your hips, and the same goes for your shoulders and wrists.
- Now, lift up your right leg, keeping your knee bent, until your right thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Hold it right there for a couple of seconds and lower your leg back down.
8 reps on that right leg, starting now. Squeeze those buttocks to lift that leg as high as you can!
And switch legs.
Donkey kicks target the area where your glutes and hamstrings meet,
a favorite spot where cellulite likes to hang out.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than your hips and your toes pointed out at 45 degrees.
- Now bend your knees and lower your body until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Stay in this position for a couple seconds, squeeze your glutes a little bit, and return to the initial position.
How about 10 reps for this one?
Great, then let’s go!
Plie squats are considered one of the most effective exercises for removing cellulite.
And the secret is simple, they work the glutes, hamstrings, quads, and inner thighs all at once!
Keep up that energy, you’re almost done!
Just one more exercise left…
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, your elbows bent at your sides, and your fists clenched.
- Take a big step forward with your right leg, all the while moving your left arm forward and your right arm back.
- Bend your knees and slightly lower your body until your right thigh is parallel to the floor.
- Make sure that both your knees make 90-degree angles.
- Hold this pose for a second, and return to the initial position.
Do the same with a big step forward on your left leg.
Let’s finish today’s workout with 16 reps, changing legs on each count. Forward lunges strengthen all your leg muscles, from your calves all the way up to your buttocks.
So, it’s kinda like a full-body cellulite-busting exercise! Just make sure the knee of the leg you lower doesn’t touch the floor!
And that’s it for today!
If you wanna see results even quicker, do each of these exercises 15-20 times.
Another important part of cellulite-free legs and buttocks is water.
It keeps your body hydrated, flushes out toxins, and combats fat accumulation.
Experts usually recommend drinking about 8 glasses of water every day, but a lot of that will depend on your activity level.
Speaking of which, cellulite’s biggest enemy is an active lifestyle.
Run every morning, take walks in a nearby park, take the stairs, or ride a bike – whatever it might be, just get up and moving!
Don’t forget to share it with your friends!