How to clean gold at home
How to clean gold
There are several methods for cleaning gold jewelry at home:
1. Soaking. Jewelry should be placed in a special liquid that can be made from what you have in the kitchen, bathroom or first-aid kit. After a certain time, the plaque can be removed with a simple soft cloth.
2. Polishing improvised materials. Suitable if you need to return a breathtaking brilliance to the product.
3. Mechanical cleaning. Applicable if the contamination has not succumbed to the previous methods. Use with care so as not to damage the surface of the dear heart jewelry.
1. The salt. Dissolve 3 tablespoons of table salt in a glass of hot water. Put the jewelry there overnight, and rinse in water in the morning.
2. Dish washing liquid detergent. In a glass of water, stir a teaspoon of liquid detergent, add the gold and put in a water bath. Boil the jewelry for a few minutes, and then wash off the remaining soap with water and wipe it dry with a soft cloth.
3. Ammonia + washing powder. Dissolve in a glass of water a teaspoon of ammonia and a tablespoon of powder and boil. In the hot solution, place the jewelry for 2 hours, and then wipe them with a cloth.
4. Liquid soap + hydrogen peroxide. Mix a teaspoon of soap and 2 tablespoons of peroxide with a glass of warm water. Put the gold in the solution for 20 minutes.
5. Soda + foil. Dissolve 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda in a glass of hot water and pour it into a container, on the bottom of which lies a sheet of foil. Put the jewelry there overnight, and in the morning rinse them under the tap and wipe with a towel.
1. Velvet or felt rag. The old, proven way. Just take a piece of white cloth and sit comfortably in front of your favorite TV series: polishing can take quite a long time.
2. The eraser. A soft white eraser will not only give shine to gold but also remove a slight plaque.
3. Vinegar. Soak a cloth in table vinegar and gently process the jewelry.
4. Lipstick. An interesting way for girls. Apply lipstick (preferably colorless) on a piece of cloth and walk them through the faded gold.
5. Beer and egg white. And this is more suitable for brutal men. Stir a little foam with protein, soak a cloth in the solution and rub the jewelry.
6. Onion juice. The principle is the same: soak matter in juice and polish your favorite gold items. Remember to rinse and dry the jewelry thoroughly at the end of the procedure.
Of course, you can buy a special paste in a jewelry store. But if you want to effectively clean gold without leaving your home, it is easy to prepare a similar one from the materials at hand.
Remember: do not use aggressive abrasives such as soda or sandpaper to clean jewelry, there is a high risk of damaging the surface of the precious metal. Therefore, we will use softer and more delicate mixtures.
1. Toothpowder. A little powder, an old toothbrush and a bit of patience will remove the old plaque from gold.
2. Toothpaste + Vaseline. It works as well as tooth powder, but more accurately and gently.
3. Chalk + laundry soap. Grind the chalk into the powder and mix in equal proportions with grated soap. Stir until a smooth paste is obtained, then rub the jewelry with a piece of cloth. To avoid stains, be sure to rinse the gold with water.
4. Chalk + ammonia. Grind the chalk and mix with ammonia until a thick mass is obtained. Thoroughly brush the gold with a toothbrush or cloth, then rinse and dry.